Happy Mothers day everyone! To moms, step moms, aunts, babysitters, and sisters who act like moms, we appreciate you! ❤

For today’s post, I’m going to write out a recipe that I made for my mom! I found it on Tasty, which is a baking and cooking app that makes great and easy stuff! I made cookies once on their website. But wait hold on. . .what’s a mug cake? A mug cake is just that – a cake in a mug, but it’s super delicious. I baked it once when my mom wasn’t in the kitchen and it was really good. This will be my mothers day dessert, while my sisters will make breakfast for her! Okay, so on with the recipe. Let’s get started!

Oh, and the mug cake is really small, like it will fit into a mug, so the ingredient servings are small.

I n g r e d i e n t s  📜 (for one serving) 

• 4 tablespoons flour
  • 3 tablespoons sugar (or 2, if you want less sugar. . like my mom!)
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon oil, vegetable or canola
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon hazelnut spread, plus more for topping
  • Powdered sugar (optional)

P r e p a r a t i o n

1. n a 12-ounce (375 ml) mug or larger, mix all ingredients. (except the chocolate hazelnut spread) until just combined.
  2. Once combined, spoon the chocolate hazelnut spread in top of the batter.
  3. Microwave on high for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, watching to make sure it doesn’t spill over (depending on the size of the mug!)
  4. Let cool about a minute before eating. Top with additional chocolate hazelnut spread and powdered sugar. (or, what my mom would like. . .coconut shreds!)
  5. ENJOY!!!! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

And, that’s it! It was really good when I tried it, and it literally takes like, 10 minutes to bake it. I hope you enjoyed!

I also took this picture of the mug cake when I was finished. Yummy.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post as much as I loved baking this mug cake!! Today’s mothers day, so I can’t wait to give it to her! Have a wonderful mothers day everybody! ❤

• Julia ❤✌😘

2 thoughts on “❤How to Make A Chocolate Mug Cake (For Mothers Day!!)❤”

1. I tried this mug cake and loved it! I saw it yesterday night and I’ve already made it twice! We didn’t have hazelnut spread so we had to use peanut butter! I love your mug cakes and hope to see more soon!
    ~Addie✌️❤️😜

1. Hi Addie!
      Oh my gosh! You tried it out? That makes me so happy, and I’m so glad you liked it! This was also one of my top favourites. I also have a peanut butter cake recipe too. I will, definitely post more recipes!!
      ~ Julia <3