Hello!

As you see by the title, today I am writing a Christmas Prompt. I thought it would be fun because Christmas is around the corner, and I wanted a few Christmas posts to get us into the spirit!

So, today’s prompt is: Think about last Christmas. How was your life different then? How is it the same?

Think about last Christmas. How was your life different then? How is it the same?

Last Christmas we were also at the cottage. We came at Christmas break and left after it was over.

Last year we also drove to my grandparents house on Christmas eve for dinner. It’s a Polish tradition where we celebrate Christmas more on Christmas eve. So, that’s what we did.

Obviously this year we couldn’t do that, so we’re having the Polish dinner by ourselves here instead, so that’s different.
Last year we also booked a hotel in London, Ontario for New Years, it was a surprise our parents told us on Christmas.

I was in grade 6 last year, I remember wanting Christmas to come really badly. And on December 25th, I got woken up really early by my sisters, and so that was that. We opened our presents when the whole family was awake.

In some ways, Christmas was the same as it was last year. Cottage, family time, sledding, hot chocolate.
But in other ways, it’s totally different. Covid blocked us from visiting family members, going to see Santa and more.

Last year… in my mind… I was much… what’s the word: younger. I think this year – 2020 – is the year I really grew. In my talents, my mindset, my height (๐Ÿ˜‚) I remember making a drawing video from my tablet.. I got a manga drawing book, and a few notebooks.

So, in some ways, yes, my life is the same. But still totally different. I always like looking at Christmas the year before, looking at myself then and say: “Okay, that was one whole year ago.”.

I guess I like to reflect and look back sometimes… and feel proud. Y’know? Anyways, that’s my writing prompt.

So how was YOUR life different last Christmas? The same?

Stay safe and Merry Christmas!!

• Julia ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

One thought on “Christmas Prompt: Think about last Christmas. How was your life different then? How is it the same?”

1. Hey, Julia!! Nice Christmas post! My Christmas this year was about the same as the last. I agree that this year – 2020 – is the year I grew. Physically and mentally. I hope your Christmas was great!