Hi flowers of the sun! Are you having a nice day?? I hope so!

Today we are going to do day 3! Which is writing a dialogue that takes place in the summer. If you don’t know what a dialogue is, it’s basically a short story, or a scene. I’m very excited for this one because I love writing summer scenes. So, here we go! (Also, feel free to write your own summer scene in the comments if you want.๐Ÿ˜Š)

Day 3:ย Write a dialogue scene that takes place in the summer

I run down the stairs, my painting bag draped over my shoulder. It bounced with me, stuffed with paints, my pallet, brushes, and a mini canvas and easel. My ukulele was also sticking out of the front pocket, the head of it touching the back of mine.
“Mom I’m going to the fields!” I yell as I run across the living room. Mom was sitting on the couch, reading her magazine. Her issue only came once a month, and the magazine practically took her a month to read.
“Okay,” she didn’t even look up from her reading, “just don’t go for long.”
I usually went to the fields, almost three times a week, so it was normal for her not to question me. I’m not even sure my mom knew where it was located. It was sort of my happy place.
Once I closed the door, I felt free. Free of all my worries, locked back inside the house. I was free to do whatever I wanted now.
I kept walking, and the warm sun warms my face as a special greeting, only for me. When I was a little girl, I always used to dream of how the sun was my friend.ย Suviย she would call. Suvi meant ‘sun’ or ‘summer’ in Finnish.ย Suviย her warm, pleasant coating of happiness always felt like I was being myself. I wanted to run away – live out here. It was the only place I had left that doesn’t make me feel mad or sad.
I started to ease into a fast pace, the wind was now dancing through my freakishly long, blond-yellow hair. My running shoes were muddy, but they seemed to get cleaner in the green grass, It almost sunk down to my ankles. But I kept running, I let the grass tickle my legs as I went, it was like summer was playing with me.
And there I had arrived – the fields. It was a field full of flowers, grass, plants, berries, bees, butterflies… No one came here, no one but me. It was like this was the only place in the whole world that was invisible.
I opened the low gate. It was made with old wood in a very old form, but it still seemed to work. I inhaled the sweet smell of summer mixed in with fresh flowers. It was my favourite scent ever. I pointed my face up to the warm sun, smiling, not daring to open my eyes.
I walk to the middle of the garden – where I sat on a wide log. I carefully took off the bag off my shoulder, untied it, and pulled out my very light pink coloured ukulele. I set it gently on the grass, it was rooted there for a while now.
Then I pull out pastel paints from the bag. They were messy – and spread the paint all over my hands as I grabbed them. But I loved the colours – and the smell too.
My canvas was smooth and rough at the same time, I was always eager to paint something. Last night I had dreamed about me sitting on a willow tree, watching the sun rise, so that was what I would be painting. I only painted visions and dreams, only because they came from the heart. They inspired me.
I propped the canvas onto my mini easel. It was a small frame, but I was going to put my whole dream on that canvas.
I pulled out my paint brushes. Long, thin, short, thick… they were all perfect. Perfect for making this painting possible.
And so I squirted my paints onto my messy pallet, the tie dye colours made it look fun. Then I dipped the tender paint brush into the warm paint, heated by the sun. I first made the colour gold – that was going to be the sky.
Every stroke of the brush reminded me of my dream. How the wind felt, how the sky looked. I closed my eyes every once in a while to capture the vision again. It still stuck to my brain like a irremovable tattoo.
All the nature around me was encouraging me paint, giving me compliments. I heard it through the wind, felt it through the sun. Some petals even flew off the flowers and landed near my feet, reminding me to add colour to my painting.
I stayed there for I don’t know how long, but all of the sudden the sun was starting to set. I knew I was probably already late for dinner, but I didn’t care. I turned my attention to the sunset, and watched my friend dip below the horizon. Then the stars started to peek out, and the flowers started to close up for the night. I knew that I should too, so I packed up my paints.
Before I left, I took the ukulele from the grass and started to strum down slowly. I made up my own lyrics as I went, singing softly up above.

when I feel hopeless,
when I feel lost,
I can always count on the stars
to make me feel at cost.ย 

The flowers grin, agree with the sun
greeting each other, having lots fun.
and the moon dances with the stars each night
I can feel her most ever present light

When I feel happy, maybe even joyful,ย 
nature will always make me feel quite loyal,
animals peek out of their hiding,
and decide not to use their fighting.ย 

I changed through the calming chords, I wanted the stars to hear a little song before I went back. I waited and played until it was fully dark. But I was happy, I spent the day painting out my dream, and singing to the stars.
I strummed one last time, then waited, letting the final note ring around the fields. I finally stood up, and starting walking out the gate. For one last time, I turned my head, looking at the fields. The flowers waved goodbye in their way and started closing their eyes.
And there I was, walking back to my house, after making my dream feel alive.

I hope you guys liked it!

I hope you know that I really got into the summer vibe when I was writing this. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Makes me even more excited! I hope I can be like Suvi one day and find that happy place of mine to paint out my dream.

Special shout out goes to Suzanna (or Zuzia) for helping me rhyme the song I wrote for this story! I had a lot of fun doing it with youu.๐Ÿฅฐ
And the song is called ‘counting on the stars’. I hope you liked it!

Sorry this was a little long sunnies! See you in tomorrow’s post! ๐ŸŒป

– Julia ๐Ÿ’›

2 thoughts on “Write a dialogue scene that takes place in the summer – Day 3”

1. I loved your dialogue!! It’s so summer-y!! โœŒ๐Ÿป๐ŸŒŠ