Hello flowers of the sun!

I haven’t uploaded a mug cake recipe in a while, and here at the cottage, we’re still making ’em! I hope you can take time to make this (trust me, you won’t regret it) because it only takes about 10 minutes, and they’re super tasty!

First off, I want to thank Natalia for coming up with this recipe. We actually combined two recipes we saw on Pinterest, and, turns out, they go great together! This contains a plain, vanilla cake (the base) and a sweeter, chocolate, simple frosting/icing on top. They are sweeter than my other ones, (because of the frosting) but it really doesn’t take that much longer to make. Thanks Natalia for making them for/with me whenever we have time!

So, let’s get right into it!

Vanilla Mug Cake With Chocolate Frosting

~ What you need (prep)

• normal sized mug (microwave safe) 😉
  • a microwave
  • small bowl (for the icing)

~ Ingredients (For the cake)

• 2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional, it still tastes great without the vanilla)
  • 4 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder

~ Ingredients (For the frosting

• 2 tbsp powdered sugar (you can add more depending on how thick/sweet you want your cake to be)
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp milk

~ DIRECTIONS 

1. Grab a normal sized mug (make sure it’s microwave safe)
  2. Combine the sugar, milk, oil and vanilla extract together. Stir with a fork.
  3. Then add the flour, and baking powder together on top of that. Stir again.
  4. Next, put the mug into the microwave for about a minute (60 seconds)
  5. While it’s baking, grab a small bowl and prepare your frosting ingredients.
  6. Into the mini bowl, add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and the milk together. Mix with a fork or a spoon. (I recommend a fork or even a small spatula)
  7. Once the mug cake is out of the microwave, pour the frosting/icing onto the top layer of the cake. Top with (optional) sprinkles or chocolate chips and you’re good to go!
  8. Make sure the mug cake has cooled down a little (2 or 3 minutes) before eating. Enjoy!

I have made this countless times in quarantine, here at the cottage. Me and Natalia really liked experimenting with different recipes we saw, and this one was just … *chefs kiss*
Even if you don’t consider yourself a baker, I really encourage you to try this out! It tastes really good and trust me, it’s worth it in the end. 😉

Like this recipe? Make sure to check out some of my other ones! https://thedreamdoodler.edublogs.org/category/%e2%98%95my-mug-cakes%e2%98%95/

That’s it for this post. Stay tuned on my blog!

Anyway, leave a comment if you tried this out! Bye sunflowers!🌻

– Julia 💛

2 thoughts on “Vanilla Mug Cake With Chocolate Frosting”

1. Yum! I love, love, LOVE this recipe! Can’t wait to make it again with you Ua <3